Sunday, June 28, 2020

What Do the Simple Folk Do?

As I was thinking this morning about the past three months, contemplating all the things I have tried to do to keep myself occupied and not bored to tears (including starting this blog), I was reminded of a song from Camelot:
What do the simple folk do
To help them escape when they're blue?
The shepherd who is ailing, the milkmaid who is glum
The cobbler who is wailing from nailing his thumb
When they're beset and besieged
The folk not noblessly obliged
However do they manage to shed their weary lot?
Oh, what do simple folk do we do not?
So many of the things I would do have simply not been available: try out for a play, go see a play, go see a movie, browse a store (especially a bookstore), eat out.

Never mind what the simple folk do....what does anybody do?

No comments: