Monday, June 22, 2020

Fan Art: Hi-Yo Silver!

A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty, "Hi Yo Silver!" The Lone Ranger! With his faithful Indian companion Tonto, the daring and resourceful masked rider of the plains led the fight for law and order in the early west. Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear. The Lone Ranger rides again!
I never saw The Lone Ranger in its original network run on ABC, at least not that I remember. I saw it in the Saturday reruns on CBS in the late 1950s and '60s. In my memory, it ran at noon, followed by Sky King. I also don't remember seeing the episodes from the one season that Clayton Moore didn't play the Ranger (he was replaced by John Hart in a salary dispute); my guess is that those episodes were dropped from the rotation. I finally saw them when the series returned to the air in the 1970s in afternoon syndication.

At any rate, here's my take on the masked man and Tonto, as played by Jay Silverheels.




No comments: