Friday, December 18, 2020

Let It Snow 3

 So, I got the driveway clear, but by the time I could get to work on the sidewalk, the sun had gone down, it was getting colder, and the snow--most of which was from the plows that had thrown the stuff from the road onto my walk--had turned rock hard. It's still rock hard this morning. (Worse, I'm the last house on the street to clear things...but I'm also the one that gets hit hardest by the plows, because the road widens to three lanes right in front of my house, so the plows are clearing right up to my curb--and all that ice and snow has nowhere to go except on my walk.)

I've thrown salt on the top of the ice, hoping that--combined with warming temps and sun--will soften it enough to let me get at it. I've seen some suggestions for a vinegar/water solution and/or boiling water as a help. Anyone have experience with this?

This is the worst I've ever seen it in 20 years here.

No comments: