Thursday, December 17, 2020

Let It Snow 2

 As a kid, I used to love snow. I even loved it as a younger adult. I still think new-fallen snow is a lovely sight...the problem is that it doesn't last.

Soon it is just heaps of plowed up dirty ice along the edges of the roads, or worse at the top of my driveway. When the snow is followed by rain, it just turns into slabs of ice...and even a snow-blower will not clear those easily...so out comes the shovel, trying to crack the ice enough to get it off the pavement. 

I spent 30 minutes so far today trying to dig out...and only managed to clear about five feet of my driveway and the back porch. The sun is out now, streaming down the driveway, so I will shortly go back out to see if that is helping any.

Snow is no longer something I love.


No comments: