Monday, December 28, 2020

A Pain in my....

 Not sure what I did, but somewhere in the past three or four days, I pulled or strained something in my lower back. It's not bad if I stand and walk around, but sitting for any length of time (in any kind of chair) makes it stiffen up, so that when I stand back up it's difficult to straighten all the way for the first few moments. After walking for a bit, it loosens, but I can still feel the tightness and some residual pain. The problem seems to be centered just where my back transitions to my bottom.

I've used heating pads (that helps a bit) and Aleve (that helps a bit more). Right now, I'm trying a spray-on analgesic and a lumbar pad in my desk chair. They seem to be helping some as well.

Anybody got some suggestions as to what the problem is and a solution?

1 comment:

Cat Calhoun said...

I pull or strain something in my back or shoulders on a regular basis. Most recent was a muscle between waist and butt to the left of the spine. I use a heating pad every evening, if bad, while sitting in chair, and 2 Aleve twice a day for 5-7 days. Usually does the trick. It also helps to NOT do anything that strains the area again!