Thursday, May 21, 2020

You Can Still Fly!

Yesterday, I began a discussion of what superpower people would like to have. Last night, I participated in a Zoom meeting with members of my church and, in an odd coincidence, our rector began with an "ice-breaker" question: What superpower would you like to have?

Naturally, I brought up my blog post and talked about flight. Some other suggestions were teleportation (from a woman who is currently quarantined because she works with covid patients), empathic communication, super-speed, and walking on water. The rector said that would have been useful when she lived in the Seattle area, where they seems to be a water obstacle between where you are and where you want to go all the time. Having grown up on Staten Island, I quite agreed.

Once again, what extraordinary ability would you like to have?

No comments: