Tuesday, May 12, 2020

In Memoriam: Marty Pasko

I really hoped I would be year or more into blogging before I had to post one of these.

Marty Pasko died overnight on Monday. He was 65 and it's being reported as "natural causes." Marty was one of my oldest friends in comics...yet, strangely someone I met face-to-face only a handful of times. Back when I was managing editor of Comics Scene, Marty was on the verge of becoming our regular columnist (indeed, I had hired him and just finished editing his first column) when it was decided to stop publishing.

Marty had one of the sharpest minds for both writing and business in the industry...and though we didn't always agree, I could always see that his viewpoint was well thought out and worth considering. And he was willing to admit he was wrong when you (or events) proved him so.

I'll miss our exchanges on Facebook, which is where I encountered him most often in the past few years.

No comments: