Sunday, May 17, 2020

Finally, a Fun Evening!

For probably the most fun Jill and I have had in eight weeks, we participated in two virtual events yesterday evening.

The first was a "virtual cocktail hour" hosted by our friend, Cat. A half-dozen or so people from all around the country--Pennsylvania, Illinois, New Jersey, Florida--got on their cam-equipped devices to share drinks and conversation for an hour or so.

A break for dinner, and then we logged into the "virtual pub quiz" hosted by my son, Brian. Not surprisingly, we were the oldest participants, since most of the players were his friends from his college days. I miss these trivia contests, since I used to be a regular weekly player at a local bar. (The pandemic didn't end that; it stopped because the bar changed hands and the new owners wanted to take the place in a different direction.)

I came out in the bottom half of the standings, but it was still a good time!

No comments: