Saturday, May 16, 2020

To-Do List

I actually have a to-do list; the trouble is, most of it can't be done under current conditions.

As I've said, I intended to use retirement to get more involved with community theater--but community theater is shut down for at least another two to three months, possibly longer.

I intended to clean out my garage, which is filled with stuff we stuck in their over the years when we didn't know what else to do with it. But now, even if I wade in to throw stuff out, there's no place to take it.

Anyone got any ideas? Organizations that are still operating that need volunteers?

1 comment:

Cat Calhoun said...

You can still clean out your garage. Sorry, quarantine is not an excuse for that one!
There is probably a lot of stuff in there that will go directly to the trash bin and trash is still collected.
Stuff to be donated can be cleaned and bagged or boxed for ready disposal when you can. Around here Goodwill is still collecting. I see the donation truck parked in the lot by Giant all the time.
I don't know if PA is doing it yet, but if they are you could sign up for contact tracing.
As for community theater, how about doing it via zoom or some such? With the ability to add backgrounds more than one actor can be "on stage" with the same background, "interacting". I would suggest a play with minimal set changes and a very small cast to start.