Friday, May 01, 2020

First Day

For those who don't know me...or haven't read my profile...my name is Patrick Daniel O'Neill, Pat to my friends. After working at a variety of jobs over the past 50 years, I decided to retire this month. I had a lot of plans for how to spend my time in retirement, most of which have--at least, for the time being--been put in abeyance by our current crisis.

Among my past careers, I was a writer. I wrote about many things--office supplies and equipment, jewelry, broadcasting equipment, and my favorites: comic books, science fiction, film and TV. So, with so much time on my hands now, I thought a blog might be a good idea. (I tried on a few years ago, but it never seemed to gel.)

What will I be discussing here? Good question. A lot of it will be simply outlining how a newly retired guy uses his time. Some of it will be talk about the things I thought would be taking my time--primarily community theater. I've been involved in it for about a decade and thought retirement would allow me more time for the various aspects of it. But, of course, our virus quasi-quarantine has closed all the theaters for, apparently, at least the next few months.

I'll also discuss films, TV, comics, and--probably--politics. We are, after all, in an election year.

At any rate, I'll find something to write about every day if I can. I hope you'll join me and comment.

No comments: