Wednesday, February 03, 2021

Snow Big Deal 3

 With any luck, this is my last posting on this topic for a while.

By noon yesterday, I had cleared enough of the driveway, that I was able to get the car out on the road. We live on a main drag, so it was clean to the pavement and even the back streets in the neighborhood were in good shape. Later in the afternoon, I went to Home Dept and brought home another 50 lbs. of rock salt. I also cleared a path on our sidewalk and by nightfall it was still in good shape.

This morning, with temps predicted to be above freezing and the sun beginning to show, I spread some of that salt on the remaining snow and ice on the driveway, so that the combined heat, sun, and salt would melt and/or soften it all.

Later today, I'll go for another drive, probably to pick up lunch.

 


No comments: