Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Snow Big Deal 2

 So, yesterday at noon we had 2 inches of snow in the backyard and it had stopped coming down. It started again about 2 PM and by 5, we had 4 inches. It snowed until sometime around midnight, best as I can figure, and this morning at 8:30 we had 6 inches. It's snowing lightly again now.

I went out to clear some of the driveway with the snow blower, but the bottom layer of snow is packed enough that the blower couldn't clear to the pavement. I'll have to use the shovel on that later this afternoon or tomorrow. But the driveway is clear enough that I'll be able to get the car out should the need arise.

Fortunately, the plows didn't block the entrance to the driveway too badly, and their leavings are still soft, but heavy. I'm pretty sure I can get the car through it without having to shovel immediately.

Snow is supposed to end this afternoon, with warming temps over the next few days.

One good thing: There's absolutely no way any groundhog in the Northeast (Punxsutawney Phil or Staten Island Chuck) saw his shadow this morning. Early spring anyone?

No comments: