Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Election Day: What It's Like

Although I dropped off my ballot at the county seat two weeks ago, I decided to take a swing past a few of the polling places in my neighborhood to see how things looked.



This is my local polling place, in Ward 5 of Ridley Township, at the firehouse. I used to work the polls here until a few years ago. I have never seen lines like this before. Just after 8 AM, about an hour after the polls opened, there were 50-60 people in line...and the line got longer in the ten minutes or so I was there--and it did not noticeably move. I figure the last person in that line had at least a 45-minute wait.

I then went down to the church I attend in Ridley Park, also a polling place.


There are maybe 40 or 50 people on line in this photo. After I took the shot, I spoke to a gentleman who was just exiting and he kindly answered my questions. He had gotten on line at 7:15, he said, and now he was just leaving at about 8:20.

I also swung past two other polling places in Ridley Park, the firehouse and borough hall (which are directly across the street from each other). Lines at both places also numbered 40 or 50, I'd say.

Going to be a long day.





No comments: