Monday, November 23, 2020

A Turkey of a Holiday

 What are your plans for Thanksgiving? I can tell you what mine are--not much of anything. Our children are not coming home (sensibly), so Jill and I are planning a very small-scale dinner: a three-pound turkey breast, stuffing, side dishes, apple pie for desert.

I lost much interest in the parades (either the big one in New York or the local one in Philly) some years ago--and as the ones this year will be almost entirely artificial in nature (is it really a parade if you're just going to bring the floats, bands, balloons, etc. around a corner, show them on TV for a bit, then wheel them off around the next corner?), I have even less interest now. I have never been a football fan, so the afternoon and evening entertainment is not appealing either.

We'll probably find a movie or two to watch, read, maybe catch up with some friends on line. We have tentative plans to Zoom with the kids on Sunday at some point. I'm thinking of it all as practice for Christmas, which will probably go much the same way.



No comments: