Tuesday, July 14, 2020

New Computer

I'm coming to you today thanks to a new computer.

My old one has been on its last legs for at least a year and especially became difficult after Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7. Yesterday, a program I use a lot began crashing, and when I tried to re-install it, the system insisted it needed more disk space, even though I had deleted the bad version of that program.

So, that settled it. I did a little investigation and within two hours brought home a brand new HP desktop from Best Buy. A few hours after that, it was up and running with all my old programs...except one that won't even install on Windows 10. Knowing that might be an issue even before yesterday, I had explored my options and my computer whiz son suggested a "virtual machine." I have now contacted him for advice on how to set that up.


1 comment:

Cat Calhoun said...

New tech can be frustrating to set up but the end product is a joy! I am facing that with my version of Adobe suite. It was bought with a student discount when Paul was in college? High school? It is at least 10 yrs old, maybe older. Photoshop seems to be failing and Adobe Acrobat does not have some of the handy features that are on the new versions. But it is so expensive! I'd share with Paul but he had a subscription and has it loaded on two computers already. *sigh*