Friday, July 24, 2020

First Quarter

Well, in just one week, I will have been retired for a full three months--the end of my first quarter not working for the first time since I was 18. And what have I learned?

First of all, I've learned that you should always have something planned for what you will do with all your time. I did have a plan--I was going to do a lot more work with community theater, clean out the garage and have the junk hauled away, volunteer more at church. All those plans pretty much fell by the wayside: Community theaters closed in April and have yet to announce re-opening plans; the places that assist in junk clearing have strict rules about what they will and will not do, none of which work for me at the moment; church is only now re-opening and still has restrictions on things to be done....all, of course, because of the pandemic.

So, instead, I've been spending lots more time at this keyboard and sitting around reading. In the first few months, I got out to the local park to walk or even sit and read there. But 90 degree heat and 90% humidity as we've had for a lot of the last month does not allow for that in comfort.

I hadn't planned on being housebound so much. I'm rethinking my plans for the next few months.

No comments: