Saturday, July 18, 2020

New Computer II

OK...so I'm on the new computer. I never did manage to get the virtual machine with Windows 7 set up--because I couldn't get a working version of Win7 (or of any earlier version of Windows, despite having disks for 95 and 98 still on hand from older computers).

But it has forced me to explore some of the capabilities of parts of Win10 I wasn't aware of. Turns out Paint 3D will do a lot of the things I wanted that other, older, image program for...not in the same way and not without some finagling, but I can achieve many of the same effects.

I'd still like to find a good video editor, since Win10 eliminated Moviemaker. MS claims Photos' video editor is just as good, but--from what I can tell in playing around with it--no, it's not. For instance, in Moviemaker, I could "splice" two videos together by starting with one and then inserting the other one, and then doing a fade or some other transition to the next. Can't do that in Photos and believe me, I've looked through the instructions and the help files.

Anyone have a good video editor they trust, preferably free?

No comments: