Tuesday, October 13, 2020

That's Not How This Works....

 ...that's not how any of this works....

Remember that line from a series of commercials a year or so back? That's what I want to say every time I hear President Trump bloviate on his "recovery" from COVID. "I'm immune, now"; "If I came through it, anyone can...." and on and on.

I'm not even convinced he's no longer contagious. I'm certainly not convinced he's completely recovered, not when I observe people I know who were far healthier than he before they came down with it. Most still have lingering effects--some lethargy, some difficulty breathing. Hell, I have those lingering effects for days after a bad cold.

I understand the political reasons for wanting to appear completely healthy--but that can be accomplished without the risks the president is taking with his own health and that of all those around him.

No comments: