Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween Memories

 I really don't remember what I dressed as for Halloween as a kid, except for one outfit that I wore, best I can recall, for four or five years in a row, from the time I was five until I was nine, I guess. (Mom must have bought it a bit on the big side...and by the time I gave it up, it was probably a bit small for me.)

It was, as many of you will not be surprised to learn, Superman. But it wasn't one of the cheap, flimsy nylon all-in-one costumes, nor was it--like today's superhero costumes--replete with fake muscles built in. It was sold as a "playsuit," suitable for wearing as more than a one-time costume. It was, again as I remember, a cotton twill--not quite as heavy as denim but very serviceable...and washable, to boot. The emblem on the shirt was a heavy screen-printing.



Doing some Googling I came across these images. I'm pretty sure that if these are not exactly the one I had, they are an earlier or later version of it. I don't recall mine having the yellow outline around the emblem, and my cape had a yellow image of Superman standing tall over a city skyline with the familiar logo above it.

What do you remember wearing for Halloween?


No comments: