Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Binge-Reading

Lots of people binge-watch...choose a TV series (old or new) and watch it in order, often several episodes in one sitting, until you've seen everything.

I am currently "binge-reading". Have you ever done that? Chosen a series of books, preferably a long series that is still all in print, and read every title in the order they were written and published? I'm going through all of Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe series...he wrote 42 books (some novels, some short-story/novella collections). I'm about to finish number 35, The Final Deduction.

When I finish the last one, I have to decide whether to continue with the handful of Wolfe novels written by others with the consent of the Stout estate.

Are you binge-reading in the pandemic? And what have you chosen?

Edited to correct an earlier error--Stout wrote 42 Wolfe books, not 86.

No comments: