Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Getting Healthier

 One week from today, barring complications, I should be rid of the catheter and be returning to a more normal life. I will be able to drive again, for instance.

I am already at a point where I can honestly say I feel no pain from everyday normal movement, including bending at the waist and getting up from bed or a chair. There is still irritation (a persistent itching best describes it) from the incision sites on my stomach. That may decrease when the surgical staples are removed, also a week from today.

Following the catheter removal, I will probably be wearing some form of incontinence control for several weeks, possibly months. It will begin with a full-scale pull-up absorbent pants and may decrease to just an absorbent pad later on. Time will tell.

My thanks again to all those who have expressed support and good wishes.


No comments: