Friday, June 04, 2021

One Week

 This time last Friday, I was in an operating room having my prostate removed. Today, I am sitting relatively comfortably at my desk, blogging about it. My recovery has been steady and really very easy.

I cannot say I have any real pain; I have irritation around the incision sites but that is all. I have, as far as I can determine, full range of motion at my waist and abdomen. I can bend, I can twist, I can stretch relatively normally without feeling anything I didn't feel in the days and weeks before the surgery (IOW, the normal aches and pains of a 69-year-old man).

I am still, following medical guidance, not driving (that will change next Wednesday when the catheter is removed), and I am restricting what I lift and carry to 10 pounds. (I think I could do more, but I'll follow the guidance at least until I see the doctor next week.)

Once again, thanks to all for the kind words and support.


No comments: