Sunday, June 06, 2021

One Week Home

 As of today, I've been out of the hospital for one week. Were it not for the catheter and the surgical staples still in my incisions, you--not to mention I--would be hard-pressed to recognize I'd been in hospital at all. There is nothing about the way I look or move to say that I am in still in recovery from having an organ removed. 

But of course, I am. Though the amount of what I do increases daily--last night, I grilled outside, for instance--I am still careful not to overdo anything. I am continuing to limit what I carry in terms of weight and I try not to hurry in the course of doing anything. I can honestly say I haven't run (or even "fast-walked") to anything in the past seven days.

If all goes well, the catheter and staples will be gone by mid-day Wednesday, after which I can return to driving.


No comments: