Wednesday, January 12, 2022

What Do You Miss?

 This is not necessarily a COVID-related question, but for some it might be.

What's one thing you haven't done in a long time that you miss doing? As I thought about this last night, I realized that, for me, it's something that long pre-dates the pandemic. It's been several years since I saw a live, professional performance anywhere. Play, concert, whatever--I honestly can't remember the last one I saw. It might have been the Billy Joel/Elton John show at Citizens Bank Park about ten years ago. I really can't recall anything I've seen since then.

I've seen numerous very well-done amateur performances (and been in a few, too). I've seen recorded live performances, such as David Tennant's turn in Hamlet that played as, I think, a Fathom Events show in theaters a few years back.

But I haven't seen a live performance, with me in the audience surrounded by others, in ages. I miss it.

No comments: