Tuesday, January 04, 2022

Doc, It Hurts When I Do This....

"...Don't do that...."

I've been having a minor health problem--not COVID, something entirely unrelated to that--and last Thursday afternoon I had a telemedicine conference with my doctor to discuss it. She said she would put in a prescription for me at my pharmacy to see if it helped. Normally, when she does that, the prescription is filled within a few hours.

This time, not so much. By mid-afternoon on Friday, the pharmacy said they had not even heard from the doctor yet. So, I called the doctor's office to inquire--they were closed. OK, it was New Year's Eve, maybe they closed early...but still, why hadn't the scrip been called in on Thursday?

I called the doctor again yesterday...and they were closed at 10 AM (usually they open around 8). Tried later, still closed. We had snow predicted, maybe they decided to close out of caution. (We actually got only a dusting.) Now, I'm annoyed: Tell me you're going to take a step to help treat my condition (admittedly, not life-threatening, but still) and then close for four days without doing so? 

Am I wrong to think the doctor's office dropped the ball on this one?

No comments: