Monday, December 06, 2021

"Flux" Capacity 2

 Once again, I find myself apparently in the minority among internet commenters on the current season of Doctor Who (but I've been in that position throughout Jodie Whitaker and Chris Chibnall's run). I thought episode 6 of "Flux" was a fine ending to the story, having wrapped up all the many threads from the first five episodes and leaving us with a satisfactory place to move on from.

I was pleased that the Doctor decided she didn't need (or didn't want) to know the information hidden in the watch...but at the same time did not irrevocably destroy it, either. Yes, leave it for another team to explore should they wish to do so.

Yes, Division's and Swarm and Azure's motives remain a bit murky, I'll admit, but villains do not always need clear motives--sometimes they just do bad things because that's the way their minds work. (Does anybody think Charles Manson's motives, as a real-world example, made any sense at all?)

I'm happy with things as they stand and a bit sorry we only get to see three more adventures from this team.

No comments: