Saturday, October 02, 2021

Fighting Retirement Boredom

 Other than the errands we all have to do--laundry, shopping, etc.--how do you spend your weekends? I used to spend a lot of time doing theater--rehearsing, acting, directing, running tech, or attending shows that other people were in. But for the past 18 months, that was (obviously) not possible...and now I'm having trouble getting back into it.

I auditioned for a show this past week but was not cast; I was not surprised, the roles were a bit of a reach for me anyway. I'm supposed to do some sort of backstage work on another show opening in November, so October may be a little busier. But I'm still finding that weekends are really no different from weekdays, now that I'm retired.

I'm searching for activity through the whole week. Any ideas?

No comments: