Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Falling?

 Today is the autumnal equinox, the beginning of fall. Fall has long been my favorite time of year: the temperatures are easy to take (although today is a bit warm and humid), but it's generally not as rainy as spring. In another month or so, we will return to standard time, so that we are living in sync with nature, instead of an hour ahead of her.

I'm good with fall until about the beginning of December, when the cold sets in. I'm not someone who cannot deal with ice and snow, although my wife has problems with them, so I have to be sure to keep things clear around the property. And I much prefer dressing in layers, so I wear as much or as little as I feel comfortable in. The problem with summer (especially in a climate like the one around Philadelphia) is that there's a limit to how little you can wear--and definitely at my age.

So...let's all fall into fall....

No comments: