Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Gun Sense

 In a conversation about gun control in the aftermath of two mass shootings in ten days, a Facebook user was asked. "Why do you need to carry your automatic weapon into Wal-Mart?" The answer given was "Maybe I have no safe place to lock it up while I'm shopping."

My immediate response: "How about behind the locked doors of your home? Why did you feel the need to bring it with you on a shopping trip at all? What did you think you might encounter that would require a weapon that can fire 45 rounds in one minute? Or any weapon at all?"

I am constantly amazed that so many of the same people who refuse to wear masks during the pandemic because "I will not live in fear" carry guns because they are deathly afraid of being attacked while performing normal daily activities.


No comments: