Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Neighborhood Excitement

 Been quite a while since I posted, but two recent incidents lead me to finally do so. 

Just over a week ago, a police chase involving multiple cop cars speeding around the area (apparently in pursuit of a thief from the local Home Depot) ended literally outside my door, though thankfully on the other side of the street. (I live on a major road, just off the intersection with a secondary road and near a shopping center and the police station.) I didn't get any pictures of that.

But yesterday afternoon, about 5:00 PM, a big tractor-trailer (operated by Wawa, regional convenience store chain) broke down, again right outside my house, this time on my side of the street and blocking my driveway. The driver, when I asked, explained that his transmission was "busted" and pointed to the leak of fluid coming from the vehicle. 



It took about 90 minutes and two tow trucks to get the 18-wheeler out of there. Apparently, there was significant difficulty in disengaging the cab from the trailer. I didn't see exactly how they moved it all, because I had gone inside to eat dinner.

Never a dull moment around here.


No comments: